We strive to make it easier for people to learn by doing.
- Demonstrate a fundamental understanding of how to teach and plan courses with course content outlines.
- Organize content logically and create visual teaching resources.
- Write code challenges to support content and challenge students.
- Teach and clearly present information on camera.
- Receive feedback from the team and work with our content editors to create the best way to learn C# and .NET.
- Support a course through beta testing and launch, helping keep the course error-free.
The Ideal Candidate
- Has professional experience building web sites, RESTful web services and software applications with .NET (C#, ASP) or a .NET framework such as Mono.
- Has experience teaching technical topics, especially for beginners - this includes conference talks.
- Has experience creating screencasts (please include a screencast sample with your resume if you have examples of your work).
- Is interested in spending a lot of time creating the best content to start learning a new technology.
- Has a wide variety of topics they’re interested in and capable of teaching, in addition to C# and .NET.
- Has an interest in cognitive science and teaching principles.
- Is hard working, kind, and open to feedback.
- Lives in Orlando or is willing to relocate (must be permitted to work in the US).
- No remote positions available.
If you are interested in this position, please send a resume, screencast and/or presentation samples (if you have them), and a compelling email to firstname.lastname@example.org describing how your skills and experience meet the posted qualifications and how your goals make you a good candidate for this position.
The Code School Sales Director will lead sales and product enablement for the Code School brand. The Sales Director will be responsible for the planning, development, and implementation of appropriate sales functions and processes. He/she will also provide direction for bettering the sales efforts, structure, and strategy for the appropriate market segments while overseeing sales revenue growth, reporting, sales team management, and the developing and maintaining of relationships with current and prospective customers.
- Develop a strategic plan for Code School tactical goals and objectives with the Pluralsight Sales Team.
- Research and drive business expansion/collaboration opportunities, in conjunction with leadership, through strategic planning and observation of market trends.
- Create a forecast summary of sales opportunities after reviewing needs, make appropriate recommendations, and coordinate sales efforts based on an established sales playbook.
- Build and increase the sales pipeline to meet goals and objectives.
- Report on overall team performance and goals, looking for opportunities to coach, encourage, and build team appreciation while influencing the product.
- Manage strategic accounts through Salesforce.com to ensure all appropriate sales activities are carried out and documented.
- Assume responsibility for establishing and maintaining business relationships.
- Demonstrate the ability to build effective relationships and sell online developer training to key decision makers via phone, email, and in-person meetings.
- Coordinate sales and strategy meetings with key accounts and create ongoing training resources for educating teams on how to best use the product.
- Help Marketing Team identify and participate in Code School-relevant events and initiatives.
- Events may include tradeshows and user groups. Work with Marketing to determine what shows or user groups will be good for us to sponsor and/or attend.
- Work closely with the Code School Marketing Team to communicate sales needs and develop campaigns for the Code School market.
The Ideal Candidate
- Bachelor’s degree preferred.
- Seven-plus years of related leadership and technical sales experience.
- Has a high degree of initiative, outstanding judgment, and exhibits a high level of creativity.
- Demonstrated ability to work independently and follow through on tasks with minimal supervision while still meeting deadlines.
- Able to work as a team member and support overall company goals.
- Has a solid mix of sales and technical skills, helping to stay ahead of market trends.
- Salesforce experience required.
- Strong verbal and written communication skills, with proven ability to lead a team.
- Ability to give effective and succinct presentations to external and internal customers.
- Strong organizational skills with a track record of driving a sales organization: multi-tasking, business plan creation and execution, and personnel development.
- A kind individual who is able to exercise discretion and independent judgment.
- Participates in key industry organizations and maintains a high level of visibility.
- Ability to travel overnight upon request to provide sales assistance or program/product trainings (25%).
- Must be willing to relocate to Orlando, Fla.
If you are interested in this position, please send a resume and a compelling email to email@example.com describing how your skills and experience meet the posted qualifications and how your goals make you a good candidate for this position.
Our office is located at the GAI Building in Downtown Orlando.
We enjoy coming to work. In addition to the wonderful people and the product we get to work with, we enjoy espresso from our coffee bar, office snacks, Ping-Pong, catered lunches on Fridays, yoga, bootcamp workouts, back massages, Super Smash Bros., and Whiskey and Wine Wednesdays (for those interested).
We also get together once a month as a team to socialize and celebrate together. Some of our past events include Whirlyball, laser tag, the Orlando Science Center Crosby Observatory, and our annual trip to the Epcot Food and Wine Festival.
We make sure our team has the equipment they need. Receive a laptop, required software, standing desk, 24" screen with desk mount, desk chair, laptop stand, wireless external keyboard, mouse, and everything needed to do your best work and feel comfortable in your workspace.
Icing on the cake. Our benefits include:
- 100% Medical, Dental, and Vision coverage for you and your entire family.
- Payment for one national conference and one local conference per year.
- 401k with company matching.
- Open vacation policy and 10 paid holidays.
- Flexible work schedule - option to work from home Tuesdays and Thursdays.
- Monthly fitness reimbursement to incentivize healthy living.
- One betterment day per month - work on anything that makes you better!
We value transparency and excellence. We’re open about company strategy and annual goals, as well as profits and priorities. Join us in creating the best way to start learning a new technology online.
Need to get in touch? Contact firstname.lastname@example.org!