We strive to make it easier for people to learn by doing.
Need to get in touch with us?
- Demonstrate a fundamental understanding of how to teach and plan courses with course content outlines.
- Organize content logically and create visual teaching resources.
- Write code challenges to support content and challenge students.
- Teach and clearly present information on camera.
- Receive feedback from the team and work with our content editors to create the best way to learn C# and .NET.
- Support a course through beta testing and launch, helping keep the course error-free.
The Ideal Candidate
- Has professional experience building web sites, RESTful web services and software applications with .NET (C#, ASP) or a .NET framework such as Mono.
- Has experience teaching technical topics, especially for beginners - this includes conference talks.
- Has experience creating screencasts (please include a screencast sample with your resume if you have examples of your work).
- Is interested in spending a lot of time creating the best content to start learning a new technology.
- Has a wide variety of topics they’re interested in and capable of teaching, in addition to C# and .NET.
- Has an interest in cognitive science and teaching principles.
- Is hard working, kind, and open to feedback.
- Lives in Orlando or is willing to relocate (must be permitted to work in the US).
- No remote positions available.
If you are interested in this position, please send a resume, screencast and/or presentation samples (if you have them), and a compelling email to email@example.com describing how your skills and experience meet the posted qualifications and how your goals make you a good candidate for this position.
Our office is located at the GAI Building in Downtown Orlando.
We enjoy coming to work. In addition to the wonderful people and the product we get to work with, we enjoy espresso from our coffee bar, office snacks, Ping-Pong, catered lunches on Fridays, yoga, bootcamp workouts, back massages, Super Smash Bros., and Whiskey and Wine Wednesdays (for those interested).
We also get together once a month as a team to socialize and celebrate together. Some of our past events include Whirlyball, laser tag, the Orlando Science Center Crosby Observatory, and our annual trip to the Epcot Food and Wine Festival.
We make sure our team has the equipment they need. Receive a laptop, required software, standing desk, 24" screen with desk mount, desk chair, laptop stand, wireless external keyboard, mouse, and everything needed to do your best work and feel comfortable in your workspace.
Icing on the cake. Our benefits include:
- 100% Medical, Dental, and Vision coverage for you and your entire family.
- Payment for one national conference and one local conference per year.
- 401k with company matching.
- Open vacation policy and 10 paid holidays.
- Flexible work schedule - option to work from home Tuesdays and Thursdays.
- Monthly fitness reimbursement to incentivize healthy living.
- One betterment day per month - work on anything that makes you better!
We value transparency and excellence. We’re open about company strategy and annual goals, as well as profits and priorities. Join us in creating the best way to start learning a new technology online.
Need to get in touch? Contact firstname.lastname@example.org!