Need to get in touch with us?
Pluralsight participates in and has certified its compliance with the EU-U.S. Privacy Shield Framework. Pluralsight is committed to subjecting all personal data received from European Union (EU) member countries, in reliance on the Privacy Shield Framework, to the Framework’s applicable Principles. To learn more about the Privacy Shield Framework, visit the U.S. Department of Commerce’s Privacy Shield List at https://www.privacyshield.gov/list. Pluralsight is responsible for the processing of personal data it receives, under the Privacy Shield Framework, and subsequently transfers to a third party acting as an agent on its behalf. Pluralsight complies with the Privacy Shield Principles for all onward transfers of personal data from the EU, including the onward transfer liability provisions.
With respect to personal data received or transferred pursuant to the Privacy Shield Framework, Pluralsight is subject to the regulatory enforcement powers of the U.S. Federal Trade Commission. In certain situations, Pluralsight may be required to disclose personal data in response to lawful requests by public authorities, including to meet national security or law enforcement requirements. If you have an unresolved privacy or data use concern that we have not addressed satisfactorily, please contact our U.S.-based third party dispute resolution provider (free of charge) at https://feedback-form.truste.com/watchdog/request. Under certain conditions, more fully described on the Privacy Shield website at https://www.privacyshield.gov/article?id=How-to-Submit-a-Complaint, you may invoke binding arbitration when other dispute resolution procedures have been exhausted.
Collection of your Personal Information
- We value your trust. In order to honor that trust, Pluralsight adheres to ethical standards in gathering, using, and safeguarding any information you provide.
- We will ask you when we need information that personally identifies you or allows us to contact you ("personal information"). For example, when you register for a subscription, we will need your contact information: name, email address, and when you provide payment information for a subscription, we will need additional information: address and credit card information for billing. We will retain your name and email address in a user profile. If you choose to use the “Gift a Subscription” feature promoted through codeschool.com, we will ask for your friend’s email address. We will automatically send your friend a one-time email advising of the gift. Pluralsight stores this information for the sole purpose of sending this one time email. Your friend may contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org to request that we remove this information from our database.
- As is true of most websites, we gather site-visitation data automatically and store it in log files. This information includes internet protocol (IP) addresses, browser type, internet service provider (ISP), referring/exit pages, operating system, date/time stamp, and clickstream data.
Use of your Personal Information and Other Data
- Non-Identifiable Data: We use our log files to analyze trends, to administer the site, to track users' movements around the site, and to gather demographic information about our user base as a whole. We utilize unstructured machine learning technologies to understand user behaviors and to provide user-specific recommendations.
Disclosure of your Personal Information
We consider your personal information to be a vital part of our relationship with you. There are, however, certain circumstances in which we may share your personal information with certain third parties, as set forth below:
- Business Transfers: As we develop our business, we might sell or buy businesses or assets. Your personal information may be transferred to a buyer or other successor in the event of a corporate sale, merger, reorganization, dissolution or similar event in which personal information held by us about our site users is among the assets transferred.
Agents, Consultants and Related Third Parties:
We sometimes hire other companies to perform certain business-related functions. When we employ another company to perform a function of this nature, we only provide them with the information that they need to perform their specific function. For instance, we use an outside credit card processing company to bill you for goods and services. These companies are not permitted to use any personal information that we share with them for any other purpose aside from providing services to us.
- Legal Requirements: In certain situations, Pluralsight may be required to disclose personal data in response to lawful requests by public authorities, including to meet national security or law enforcement requirements. We reserve the right to disclose your personal information as required by law and when we believe that disclosure is necessary to protect our rights and/or to comply with a judicial proceeding, court order, or similar legal process served on our site. We will take reasonable steps to ensure that we only collect that personal data that is relevant for the purposes for which it is to be used. Furthermore, we will not process your personal information in a way that is incompatible with these purposes.
Control of your Personal Information
Access to your Personal Information
Upon request Pluralsight will provide you with information about whether we hold, or process on behalf of a third party, any of your personal information. To request this information please contact us at email@example.com.
We will provide you with the means to ensure that your personal information is correct and current. If you have filled out a user profile, we will provide an obvious way for you to access and change your profile from our site. We will even allow you to completely delete your profile along with all personal information associated with that profile, although this option may significantly degrade your experience with our platform. If you wish to make this request, please contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org. We will respond to your request within a reasonable timeframe. If you would like view your personal information that we hold at any time, you may access your profile from our website.
We will retain your information for as long as your account is active or as needed to provide you services. We will retain and use your information as necessary to comply with our legal obligations, resolve disputes, and enforce our agreements.
Security of your Personal Information
The security of your personal information is important to us. When you enter sensitive information (such as a credit card number) on our registration forms, your information is sent over an authenticated and encrypted connection using the Secure Socket Layer (SSL). We store your personal information only on servers with limited access that are located in controlled facilities, and use a variety of technologies and procedures to protect your personal information from loss, misuse, and unauthorized access, disclosure, alteration and destruction. Nonetheless, no communication via the Internet can ever be 100% secure. Accordingly, you are advised to use caution and discretion when determining what personal information to disclose to us via the site. If you have any questions about security on our site, contact us as follows:
- Email: email@example.com
- Phone: (801) 784-9007 opt 1
We partner with third parties to either display advertising on our website or to manage our advertising on other sites. Our third party partners may use technologies such as cookies to gather information about your activities on this website and other sites in order to provide you advertising based upon your browsing activities and interests. If you wish to not have this information used for the purpose of serving you interest-based ads, you may opt-out by clicking here (http://preferences-mgr.truste.com) or, if you are located in the European Union, click here (http://www.youronlinechoices.eu). Please note this does not opt you out of being served ads. You will continue to receive generic ads.
Anti-Spam Policy/Opt-out Choice
We are committed to providing users of this site with the choice to receive or not receive marketing-related e-mails and/or communications from us. We only send commercial e-mails to registered users, subscribers and affiliates with relationships with Pluralsight and its team. We offer e-mail recipients the opportunity to opt-out of further communications in every commercial e-mail. If you would like to opt-out of receiving further communications, please follow the directions in the e-mail received or contact us using one of the following modes:
- Email: firstname.lastname@example.org
- Physical mail: 182 N. Union Ave., Farmington, UT 84025, U.S.A
Please note that we may not include the opt-out information in e-mails that are transactional in nature and are not marketing communications (i.e., e-mails concerning your order, the website's Terms and Conditions of Use, etc.). If you have questions or concerns regarding a non-commercial e-mail, please contact us.
Links to Other Web Sites
Pluralsight participates in and has certified its compliance with the EU-U.S. Privacy Shield framework. We are committed to subjecting all information received from the European Union (“EU”) and European Economic Area which constitutes “personal data” subject to the EU’s privacy laws (“EU Personal Data”), in reliance on Privacy Shield, to the applicable Privacy Shield Principles. To learn more about Privacy Shield and to view our certification, visit the U.S. Department of Commerce’s Privacy Shield List (www.privacysheild.gov/list). Our compliance with applicable Privacy Shield Principles is further described as follows:
- Collection and use; Purpose. Pluralsight collects and uses EU Personal Data as set forth in “Use of your Personal Information and Other Data” above.
- Third party disclosure. We may disclose EU Personal Data as set forth in “Disclosure of your Personal Information” above.
- Security. Pluralsight protects the security of EU Personal Data during transfer and storage as set forth in “Security of your Personal Information” above.
- Onward transfer. Pluralsight acts as a data processor and is responsible for the processing of EU - Personal Data, under the Privacy Shield framework, and subsequent transfers to any third party acting as an agent on its behalf. Pluralsight maintains contracts with these third parties restricting their access, use, and disclosure of personal data in compliance with our Privacy Shield obligations. Pluralsight complies with the Privacy Shield Principles for all onward transfers of EU Personal Data, including the onward transfer liability provisions.
- Access and choice. Residents of the EU whose personal data Pluralsight has directly collected may request access to, and the opportunity to correct, amend, or delete such personal data. To submit such requests or raise any other questions, please contact us at email@example.com. Pluralsight reserves the right to take appropriate steps to authenticate an applicant’s identity and charge a reasonable fee before providing access and deny requests, except as required by the Privacy Shield principles.
- Jurisdiction. With respect to EU Personal Data received or transferred pursuant to the Privacy Shield framework, Pluralsight is subject to the regulatory investigation and enforcement powers of the U.S. Federal Trade Commission.
Swiss Safe Harbors
Pluralsight complies with the U.S. - Swiss Safe Harbor framework as set forth by the U.S. Department of Commerce regarding the collection, use, and retention of personal data from Switzerland. Pluralsight has certified that it adheres to the Safe Harbor Privacy Principles of notice, choice, onward transfer, security, data integrity, access, and enforcement. To learn more about the Safe Harbor program, and to view Pluralsight’s certification, please visit https://safeharbor.export.gov/swisslist.aspx We will obtain assurances from our Agents that they will safeguard Personal Data in accordance with these Safe Harbors.
Enforcement and Dispute Resolution
We will conduct compliance audits of our relevant privacy practices to verify compliance with this policy.
Pluralsight has committed to provide recourse for individuals to whom privacy data relates and to remedy problems arising out of its failure to comply with the Privacy Shield and US-Swiss Safe Harbor Principles by cooperating with European Union Data Protection Authorities (DPAs). Pluralsight will cooperate with the DPAs in the investigation and resolution of complaints brought under the Safe Harbor; and Pluralsight will comply with any advice given by the DPAs where the DPAs take the view that Pluralsight needs to take specific action to comply with the Safe Harbor Principles, including remedial or compensatory measures for the benefit of individuals affected by any non-compliance with the Principles, and will provide the DPAs with written confirmation that such action has been taken. If you do not receive timely acknowledgment of your complaint, or if your complaint is not satisfactorily addressed by Pluralsight, please visit the DPA in your jurisdiction for more information and to file a complaint.
Disclosures Specific to the Pluralsight Platform
With regard to Business Plans created by enterprise customers of Pluralsight, Pluralsight collects information under the direction of its enterprise customers, and has no direct relationship with the individual employees of such enterprise customers whose personal data we collect and process. If you are an employee of one of our Clients and would no longer like to be contacted by our marketing communications, please contact your employer. We may transfer personal information to companies that help us provide our service. Transfers to subsequent third parties are covered by the service agreements with our enterprise customers.
We will retain personal data we process on behalf of our Clients for as long as needed to provide services to our Client. Thereafter, Pluralsight will retain this personal information as necessary to comply with our legal obligations, resolve disputes, and enforce our agreements.
Questions or comments regarding this policy should be submitted to the Pluralsight by e-mail or phone as follows:
- Email: firstname.lastname@example.org
- Phone: (801) 784-9007 opt 1.
- Physical address: 182 N. Union Ave, Farmington, UT 84025