Our terms and conditions.
- We agree to do our absolute best to provide you with quality services. In return, you agree to refrain from activity that interferes with or prohibits us from providing these services to you.
- By using our services, you agree to access them through our interface and not to attempt circumventing our system.
- Should you decide you no longer want to use our products, you can terminate your agreement at any time by asking for your account to be destroyed.
- If you're not satisfied with our services, or find that it fails to meet your learning needs, we will gladly refund your last payment. However, if you have completed more than 25% of a course, we reserve the right to decline a refund.
- You must be 13 years of age or older to use this Service.
- You must provide a valid email address, and any other required information.
- You must ensure your account information remains accurate.
- You are responsible for the safekeeping of your account credentials. Account activity is your responsibility, so we suggest keeping this information in a safe place.
- Your account may only be used by one person or legal entity.
- You are responsible for content posted and any activity that occurs under your account.
- We will not be liable for decisions you make or your actions beyond the scope of our products.
- You may not use the Service for any illegal or unauthorized purpose. You must not, in the use of the Service, violate any laws in your jurisdiction (including copyright or trademark laws).
- Our products are for your personal use. We work hard to provide you with a quality product and expect that you won't try to resell, copy, or make our products available to others without our written permission. If you love our product enough to pass it along, please just ask us for permission
- We consistently add to and improve our products and services. We may update, add, or remove products without prior notice.
- We strive to provide you with an exceptional customer experience and are always open to suggestions, comments, and feedback through our provided means of communication.
- We want you to learn and have fun doing so while using our products, however we can't guarantee this will be the case.
- We work diligently to make sure our products and services are available and reliable. Because of the nature of our business, this is not something we can always control or guarantee.
Individual Code School subscriptions are referred to as "Individual Enrollment" and group subscriptions as "Team Enrollment".
- A valid credit card or properly pre-approved PayPal account is required for payment.
- The Service is billed in advance on a monthly basis, as determined by your initial enrollment date. That date may shift over time due to the different lengths of months.
- All enrollment plans are automatically renewed unless customers preemptively deactivate their enrollment, which can be done from their Account page.
- All enrollment fees exclude all taxes, levies, or duties imposed by taxing authorities. You are responsible for the payment of all such taxes, levies, or duties, excluding only United States (federal or state) taxes.
- When seats are added to an enrolled team a pro-rated charge for the new seats will be made immediately based on the remaining number of days in your current billing cycle. The full seat price will only be charged when the enrollment is next renewed.
- Downgrading your Service may cause the loss of content, features, or capacity of your account. Code School doesn't accept any liability for such loss.
Cancellation and Deactivation
- You are responsible for properly canceling your subscription. You can do so at any time by clicking on the "My Account" link in the navigation at the top of the screen. The subscription section allows you to "deactivate" your subscription temporarily or indeterminately.
- If you deactivate your subscription before the end of your current billing cycle, your cancellation will be effective on the day the next cycle is set to start. In the meantime, you will retain access to our Service.
- Code School, in its sole discretion, has the right to suspend or terminate your account and refuse any and all current or future use of the Service, or any other Code School service, for any reason at any time. Such termination of the Service will result in the deactivation or deletion of your Account or your access to your Account. Code School reserves the right to refuse service to anyone for any reason at any time.
Modifications to the Service and Prices
- Code School reserves the right at any time and from time to time to modify or discontinue, temporarily or permanently, the Service (or any part thereof) with or without notice. For instance, the Service may temporarily be disabled for occasional maintenance.
- Prices of all Services, including the monthly subscription plan fees, are subject to change with 30 days notice from Code School. Such notice may be provided at any time by posting the changes to the Code School Site (codeschool.com) or via email.
- Code School shall not be liable to you or to any third party for any modification, price change, suspension or discontinuance of the Service.
- Code School reserves the right at any time and from time to time to modify or discontinue promotions and/or discounts with or without notice. If a promotion or discount is ending, we will do our best to give advanced notice, but it is not guaranteed.
- Any account credits that are accumulated may not be used in the store, but can only be put toward a monthly subscription of Code School access. Vouchers, promotions, and credits can all be adjusted or removed at any time without advanced notice.
- Code School points are used as a metric of accomplishment and success within courses. Points can not be redeemed for credits or any monetary value at this time.
- Your use of the Service is at your sole risk. The service is provided on an "as is" and "as available" basis.
- Technical support is only provided to paying account holders and is only available via email. Support is only available in English.
- You understand that Code School uses third party vendors and hosting partners to provide the necessary hardware, software, networking, storage, and related technology required to run the Service.
- You must not modify, adapt, or hack the Service or modify another website so as to falsely imply that it is associated with the Service, Code School, or any other Code School service.
- You agree not to reproduce, duplicate, copy, sell, resell or exploit any portion of the Service, use of the Service, or access to the Service without the express written permission from Code School.
- Verbal, physical, written, or other abuse (including threats of abuse or retribution) of any Code School customer, employee, member, or officer, will result in immediate account termination.
- You must not upload, post, host, or transmit unsolicited email, or "spam" messages.
- You must not transmit any worms or viruses or any code of a destructive nature.
- If your bandwidth usage significantly exceeds the average bandwidth usage (as determined solely by Code School) of other Code School customers, we reserve the right to immediately disable your account or throttle your file hosting until you can reduce your bandwidth consumption.
- Code School does not warrant that (1) the service will meet your specific requirements, (2) the service will be uninterrupted, timely, secure, or error-free, (3) the results that may be obtained from the use of the service will be accurate or reliable, (4) the quality of any products, services, information, or other material purchased or obtained by you through the service will meet your expectations, and (5) any errors in the Service will be corrected.
- You expressly understand and agree that Code School shall not be liable for any direct, indirect, incidental, special, consequential or exemplary damages, including, damages for loss of profits, goodwill, use, data or other intangible losses (even if Code School has been advised of the possibility of such damages), resulting from: (1) the use or the inability to use the service; (2) the cost of procurement of substitute goods and services resulting from any goods, data, information or services purchased or obtained, or messages received or transactions entered into through or from the service; (3) unauthorized access to or alteration of your transmissions or data; (4) statements or conduct of any third party on the service; (5) or any other matter relating to the service.
- The failure of Code School to exercise or enforce any right or provision of the Terms of Service shall not constitute a waiver of such right or provision. The Terms of Service constitutes the entire agreement between you and Code School and govern your use of the Service, superseding any prior agreements between you and Code School (including any prior versions of the Terms of Service). You agree that these Terms of Service and Your use of the Service are governed under Florida law.
- Questions about the Terms of Service should be sent to firstname.lastname@example.org .
Last updated on October 29th, 2012. Inspired by the GitHub Terms of Service .